Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursday's Food for Thought #5

Age...does it matter? Or as I've often heard people say, it's just a state of mind. In a culture that's obsessed with age can we really be all right with growing older? Or are we constantly going to lie about our age?

This upcoming Monday the 25th, I'll be turning 27 years old, three years shy of 30. (My scary age when I was 22 was always 30). I believe that people freak out about growing older because they're not in a place in their lives where they thought they'd be when they turned that age. I'm not so much freaking out about turning 27 because at my young age (and yes I'm still young) I have accomplished plenty of wonderful things. Although as a playwright/writer, I still need to accomplish much much more, but that will come with the years. I'm exactly at the place where I should be when I turn 27 this Memorial Day Weekend, and I'm completely comfortable with that. 

In the end, age is just a number that really shouldn't mean anything, but yet at times it holds so much weight when said out loud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment