Sunday, May 31, 2009

I Heart NY...! (Happy 1st Year Anniversary)

June 1st. One year in New York. I survived. (Well barely). But I survived. 

There's been some incredible times. Some moments of triumph. Some moments of doubts. Some moments of sheer happiness. Other moments of disbelief, while walking down 5th Avenue, that I live here...I know I've said it in the past, but I feel like I'm living one of my dreams. A dream that took eight years to achieve, but it came true, through hard work, dedication, and not losing sight in living here.   

I compiled a list of some of my favorite things and places about New York and why I heart it so much...

1. I'm constantly surrounded by people of all types. You never know when you might make a connection with someone, including a cute guy.


2. The Subway. I can eat my lunch while heading to work. I can finish reading a play while going to and from Astoria to the Upper West Side. I can write and rewrite. I can get as drunk as I want and I don't have to worry about driving. 

3. Empanada Mama. (located on 9th Ave, closer to 51st St) They have the best empanadas in Manhattan, the Sangria is to die for, and the staff is extremely friendly.

4. Hell's Kitchen. For three reasons; the gay bars, the boys, & the restaurants.

5. Times Square. Although it's overly crowded with tourists, there's a sense of tranquility and serenity when I walk on 42nd St and I know that I'm standing in the heart of the world. It's truly an amazing experience.  
  
6. The Four Seasons. The fact that I get to experience four seasons is something that I always longed for; fall and spring are my favorite. Winter is beautiful, but snow is cute in theory but living in it, not so great.



7. My friends. They are the people who have helped me in the past year through thick and thin. To the old ones, I had before I came to N.Y., I am truly grateful to you all. To the new ones, I can't wait to see where our new friendships go. 

I am truly grateful to be living in this ecliptic, wonderful, vibrant, face paced city known as New York. 



This is my home. This is where my career is. This is where my love is. Everything is in New York. So Happy Anniversary to me and to New York; we survived our first year! Onward...to many more...!

1 comment:

  1. When you said "The Four Seasons" I just assumed you meant the Hotel. Personally, that's all I know...

    ReplyDelete